25 March 2020
Dear CPM Members,
First, we hope that this message finds you and your families in good health and positive spirits.
The College of Performance Management (CPM) is intently tracking developments concerning the evolving coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis. Specifically, CPM is monitoring impacts to our organization, membership, and EVM World 2020 (June 9-11, Fort Lauderdale, Florida).
The safety and welfare of CPM members and EVM World participants remains our utmost priority. We continue to monitor the Center for Disease Control’s (CDC) recommendations and will adjust our plans as necessary. We are considering several alternative options for EVM World including online venues and postponing the event.
Help keep our community active and engaged during this time!
We still want your abstracts and encourage submission of ideas and topics for presentation at our next EVM World. Abstracts are being accepted by emailing Marty.Doucette@mycpm.org.
If you are interested in presenting virtually, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and you will be added to our list of interested presenters.
We look forward to working with our members and navigating these unprecedented times together. Further, we are confident we will come out the other side a stronger community and organization.
CPM Board of Directors
Will EVM World 2020 happen?
- At this time, we are still preparing to conduct EVM World 2020 at the Westin Fort Lauderdale. Whether as the planned face to face, virtually, or postponed to a later date will be determined by this evolving crisis.
Should I register for EVM World 2020?
- We suggest that you wait to register until mid-May. We will all have a better understanding of this rapidly evolving situation at that time, providing CPM leadership time to make a final determination on EVM World
What if I already registered?
- If you have already registered, we will provide the appropriate refunds upon final determination of event status.
What if I am interested in presenting virtually?
- If you are interested in presenting virtually, please send an email to email@example.com and you will be added to our list of interested presenters.
What is CPM doing during this crisis?
- We are working on ways to engage our members by:
- Creating working groups to:
- Update the CPM training material
- Formalize our Integrated Program Performance Management (IPPM) Body of Knowledge
- Explore the chronicle topics of special interest
- Seeking Volunteers to assist CPM Operations
- Creating working groups to:
How can I remain engaged with CPM remotely?
- CPM on LinkedIn – Join us in the conversation!
- Linkedin College of Performance Management is our association site. Here, we update you on upcoming events and how you can lead or join a working group or subgroup. If you are not following CPM via LinkedIn, please add it to your LinkedIn account. We have over 500 connections, and we look forward to your adding to the ongoing conversation.
- LinkedIn Earned Value Management Group – this is where we discuss the broader EVM profession. This group has almost 12,000 members! Join in and explain how you are keeping performance management moving forward during this unprecedented period in our history.
- Join us and connect on Facebook
- Join us and connect on Twitter
- More info to follow regarding remote working sessions