Why is a dynamic Governing Board important?
Professional associations depend on member volunteers to guide it into the future. Members are the best resource to ensure the mission of the association is followed as well as kept current. One important way to do this is to elect members onto the Governing Board who are able to appreciate the association’s history as well as look to the future. CPM is searching for those members who can help guide change and have innovative ideas on the strategic plan for the association and its membership.
CPM is currently seeking nominations for three Governing Board positions:
- VP Communications
- VP Administration
All three positions are distinctly different (descriptions can be found at www.mycpm.org/elections) but all work collaboratively to guarantee that CPM is the premier education provider in the fields of Integrated Program Performance Management, Program Management, Project Controls, and Earned Value Management for both government and industry professionals.
CPM Members are seeking nominees who:
- Understand the needs, demands and issues within our community
- Possess a deep passion for our cause to be the education leader within these fields of expertise
- Willing and able to commit time for board meetings, committee meetings, planning sessions, special events
- Team player – works well in a group
- Someone who listens well, is thoughtful in considering members’ issues and is receptive to positive ideas
We encourage all members to either self-nominate or nominate a colleague for one of these positions. Contact Beatrice Barry for more information.